Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Happiness

Our Halloween celebration started a few days early with a party at the church.  C1 and C2 were SOOO excited to finally put on their costumes and be Mickey and Minnie.  C1's costume we put together with random black clothes we had and a pair of red shorts from DI.  I sewed the white "buttons" on.  C2's costume was made by Grandma.  They were adorable.  D and I wore the viking helmets... I'm not sure how I didn't get a picture of D with his on since it was the closest I've seen him to a costume, ever.  And it took some convincing (and it was just a hat!). 
 
 




 
 
On Halloween we had a party in our backyard.  We invited all the kids C1 and C2's ages from church (all the nursery kids) and a few 4 year old siblings as well.  We ended up, I think with about 14 kids ages 2-4.  We had a pumpkin for everyone and played with those for a bit (roll them down the hill, bury them in leaves).  We ate an "orange" lunch.  The kids played pin the nose on the pumpkin and we danced with paper ghosts.  Mostly though the kids just ran and played in the backyard.  I didn't get too many pictures unfortunately (between keeping the party going, serving lunch, keeping an eye on my kids, and holding L --- there wasn't much picture taking to be done!).  
 

 
decorations on the fence... the kids loved walking through and playing with those hanging balloons

 
ghosts hanging... I made these with a paper plate and white crepe paper, then drew a little face on them, when it was time to dance I took them off and passed them around

 
pumpkins hanging from the trees
 
 
the orange lunch: a jack-o-lantern pizza, goldfish, cuties, and orange juice


 
the picnic

the parent lunch: pumpkin soup, salad, and croissants
 
The kids... post party.
 
 
In the evening we went to BYU for a little party... the kids played and got candy.  There was a bounce house and a slide that C2 loved (hopefully a video coming soon) and C1 wouldn't try.  C1 did however love the cakewalk and the "golfing" (rolling a ping pong ball through a windmill into the hole).  


 
And then of course trick-or-treating... They loved it.  C1 thought it was the perfect opportunity to talk to every neighbor.  He would tell them about his costume, introduce his sister and then ask questions (oh you have a dog, does your dog like to go on walks?).  C1 was so unconcerned with candy that he would often go up to the door forgetting his bucket in the stroller. C2 loved it too.  She was singing made up songs all night as we walked around and somehow figured a way to hang her bucket on the glow stick necklace.  





3 comments:

  1. Sweet! This all looks like so much fun. CUTE costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a fun mom Melis - awesome party! And loved reading about C1 trick or treating -- too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa! You have a blog! I love blogging! These post were from when I was still in nursery with C1 and C2! Those were the days! Don't stop blogging! Your such a good mom and you will want to remember these days! Plus, I love reading blogs and so my encouragement is also for my benefit!

    ReplyDelete